[OT] Opinions on HVLP paint systems needed...

I do not know exactly what an HVLP paint system is, but I did use to use an HVLP spray gun at school for shooting my 5th scale auto models.  It worked fantastic.  I would shoot prestec(sp?) primer, paint and clear coat.  We all used them at school and needless to say there were those of us who would bring in the hood or door of our car to paint as well.  I do not think I meet your request as an auto body pro but I did go to school for car design which include surfacing.  Bondo is always a good way to go but you really need to use a steel with some sandpaper to fine tune it to so it blends with the surfaces around it.  The one thing you do not one is for the reflections to change going across it.  I am sure you know all this.  I have a few ways to check for this in the primer stage if you are interested.

By the way group.  I have been meaning to tell all of you that I personally gave a thank you to Fabrizio Giugiaro, son of Giorgetto Giugiaro,the man who designed the MK1 body and interior. I told him it is still loved to this day.

paul