Automatic Car... How to solve a problem

It is, I had got this relay done on my Quantum
automatic since it wouldn't start after 30 minute
drives.  Got a relay installed, starts without a
problem now.  Its b/c in automatic cars, the starter
was near the downpipe causing to hot soak.

>From another site that I helped me varify my problem:
Volkswagen #4: Seems VWs are just prone to hot-soak,
won't-start conditions. Volkswagen has recognized that
Rabbits, Golfs and Jettas from 1985 on (Bosch reman
starters SR33X, SR34X and SR82X) also suffer from a
hot-soak condition where battery voltage to the #50
terminal of the starter drops to less than 10 volts
under high underhood temperatures, resulting in a car
that won't crank.

If a complete check of the car's charging and starting
system reveals no other problems, Volkswagen suggests
a VW retrofit starter relay (141 951 253B) be
installed in line between the T1 connector of the
right engine harness and the T1 connector of the
starter cable harness, which leads to the terminal #50
of the starter solenoid. Other required components and
installation directions are available through your VW
dealer.

--- Brian McGarvey <brianm@earendel.org> wrote:

> Just so you know this is actually the solution the
> factory did for the
> "hot start" problem in A2's, I'm 90% sure. Ive seen
> it in a few.
> Brian
>

> On Mon, 15 Mar 2004, L F wrote:
>
> > Cool, Pat.