From: Julie Macfarlane <juliemac57@hotmail.com>
Sent: Mar 15, 2004 9:54 PM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Start Q's

I moved the battery to the trunk and now I have start probs. When the motor
is cool, it will crank and start. But...

When warm, the batt voltage (on the dash meter) drops to 0 and doesn't even
click the starter.
Shorting the battery term to the starter relay on the starter doesn't start
the car either.
(Thank god I was on a hill)

Bad ground? I have welders wire from the neg term to the bumper bolt in the
trunk. I did scrub it and put anti corrosion paste on the contacts.

Any ideas people?

Julie Macfarlane
1981 MKI 2L 16v
Amsterdam NY