Just when you think you get ALL the gas leaks stopped......

I hate to be arguementative, but I doubt very much that VWoA or the dealer
would care at all. First, there are so few Sciroccos, and second, any
accidental disaster would surely be blamed on the age of the car (and the
tank since the initial recall). Now on my New Beetle, there is a serious
flaw, the main power relay fails intermittently, and causes the car to just
shut down, whenever, no warning, no pattern. This relay does everything
except serve drinks in the car.  This was a problem on (at least) all the
first TDI bugs, not on the later ones, the early relays were cheaply made.
But despite the fact that the car could die in front of a tractor trailer,
there was no recall on a $20 part. Mine's been replaced, and now has no
issues, but it cost me a tow.
It's all about cost and potential damages, and the potential damages were
apparently not high enough to warrant a recall. Or in your case, a second
round of the recall.
Cathy