Legal options on gas tank recall

just keep going back, my car also had the tank fixed prior to my buying it,
they can reopen the recall if the issue returned.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chad Eatock" <ceatock@sympatico.ca>
To: "scirocco list" <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Sunday, March 14, 2004 11:10 AM
Subject: Legal options on gas tank recall

Hello all... I have had some difficulty with my gas tank leaking....I have
contacted VW North America and with a little investigating have found that
my car has had the tank replaced in 1991 during the recall
campaign....people have told me that the tank is covered for the life of the
car...if this is true then VW should replace the tank....they have told me
there is nothing else they can do and they are not obligated to replace the
tank...the tank is leaking from the same spot that the recall
explained....is there any legal recourse I can take or is this something I
must pay for and deal with?  Please let me know any of your thoughts on
this!
Chadster '87 16v