Need help for Scirocco 16V & top speed of 175 MPH

The problem I have always had with that time traveling DeLorean is
that in order to produce 1.21 jigawatts (presumably 1.21 gigawatts)
you would need one hell of a lot more equipment then is visible on the
back of the car.

A modern large scale commercial nuclear reactor built for the purposes
of producing electricity and it's supporting equipment is at very
least 150' x 1000' x 1000', excluding external cooling source(s).
These reactors are typically rated at producing somewhere in the
neighborhood of 900,000+ sustained kilowatts. 1,210,000 kilowatts is
at somewhat on the same scale that as the 900,000 watts these units
generate, but the commercial units are *SO* much larger! Note that one
thing that makes them so large is that they typically run for a year+
of constant use between fuel rod changes (not needed in the DeLorean).

How did Doc Brown harness all of the energy created by the nuclear
reactor, funnel it to the flux capacitor, and do it all in a small
space above the stock 2.85L V6 Renault rear-mounted engine that got
the car up to 88 MPH?

-Marc still accepting alcohol donations