From: Dan Smith
Sent: Saturday, March 13, 2004 8:48 AM
Subject: Re: What's the fastest can ever take your Scirocco? - more numbers

Admited;y, I haven't really been following this thread, but technically, the paperweight does have energy. It's just in potential, instead of kinetic (when dropped). If I remember phyics class in high school, energy cannot be created or destroyed. Therefore, your paperweight has the same amount of energy, all the time. Just in different forms.

Dan

L F <rocco16v@netzero.net> wrote:
You can probably go nearly as fast in your 8v as you can in a U2, so I can't imagine where THAT tale originated.
and, uh, how you gonna' measure this "increase in mass"? Sounds like an unproveable theory.
Old Albert didn't say energy and mass are the same thing...look at his equation...it says mass is a contributor to energy.
I have a three pound paperweight sitting on my desk right now. It has mass. It has no energy. You have to add velocity (drop the paperweight) before there is any energy.
Look at his equation.
Look at it again.

Larry
(I'm done. )