spark plug wire test results - doesnt seem right ....

Uh, that would be bad. But are you sure you're reading it right? 35k
sounds very high for a spec. I was remembering more along the lines of
2k-6k.

The plug wires have resistive ends; the wires themselves are just
ordinary wires. If one of your ends comes loose or corrodes the
resistance could go up.. but I don't see why it would go down (especially
by a factor of 5).

Weird.

-Toby