Replacement crossmember (long post)

<snip Camron>
Not a bad idea, ...has anyone done this??

- Camron from Vancouver, WA USA
  '86.5 Black 16V 2.0L

Mark wrote:

>Another option might be to cut out a piece from a rear-ended Scirocco
>from a wrecker and weld it in your car...
>
>Mark.
>75
>80 S
>81 S  2.0 ABA/JH/4K
<end snip>

I've done this.  Somewhere around 5-6 years ago, I submarined a T100.  I
found a Scirocco at a wreckers and they cut the front end off for me.  The
new front end was grafted onto my car.  No problems to speak of, but I would
suggest you find one that is the same paint color as yours.  The paint guy
didn't strip off the old color, so now I can see red at some of the hidden
areas.  If you're curious to see it (not that there's much to see), I'm in
the Portland area.

-Brad
'86 Scirocco 16v