Semi O/T: Got a pickup with 2.0 16V, do I need Motronic?

--- Allyn <amalventano@sc.rr.com> wrote:

> ...or is my knock sensor just shitty?

Replace it, sounds like it might be shitty.  I understand
that they do go bad....

> > >From: David Utley <mr.utility@highstream.net>

He
> > >fabbed
> > >it so that it uses all the Scirocco 16V FI.

Good - keep it simlpe(er) that way.

I was going to convert to Motronic when I did my 2.0
conversion.  I decided against that idea for all the issues
that I had with my old '90 Passat.  Everything has to be
just right, contacts perfectly clean etc, or problems
ensue.

I have been wondering before now
> how well CIS-E was
> > >going
> > >to work, and after reading Scirocco16Vs post on
> Vortex, I am not sure it
> is
> > >the best choice...

Why not?  I've not read his posts, but I can't see why it
would be a necessity to go with Motronic, unless you wanted
to install a chip and add performance that way.

  Can anyone here shed some specific
> light on what I
> > >might
> > >look for to make sure this thing runs without
> grenading?

Proper air / fuel mixture, and proper timing.  Should fire
right up.  (FWIW, I'm running a stock 2.0 block & head
myself right now.)

> > >   Also, considering the license plate, "pikitup"...

I like it....

=====
Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'81 S, '85, '86 & '88 Sciroccos, '96 Passat GLX Wagon, '56 Cessna 172
For Sale: '82 Scirocco.
"My rabbit has a human foot on his keychain.  That's not the scary part.  What I wanna know is what those keys are for." - The Four Postmen