Semi O/T: Got a pickup with 2.0 16V, do I need Motronic?

>From what I have read on Scirocco16V.com, if you run this, you must have the
fuel enrichment add-on (although he does not indicate this clearly).  That
is what I drew from reading his notes on it...  Are you running it, and if
so, does it have multiple settings?  Also if so, what setting are you using?

David Utley

-----Original Message-----
From: Allyn [mailto:amalventano@sc.rr.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 10, 2004 6:15 PM
To: Julie Macfarlane; mr.utility@highstream.net
Cc: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Re: Semi O/T: Got a pickup with 2.0 16V, do I need Motronic?

you know, along these lines, i have a question to all of those running a
cis-e 2.0. specifically those who converted/upgraded from 1.8.
i've noticed that since the swap on the rieger, i have to retard the timing
a bit to prevent knock. it wasnt constant knock, it only appeared while
flooring it (only during the period where i am pushing the pedal towards the
floor). once i'm in steady hard acceleration, the knock is gone (well, other
than that of my head knocking into the headrest as i try to keep it upright
:).
could this perhaps be a miscalculation of the knock sensor box vacuum
sensing, possibly thrown off by the added 0.2 liters?
...or is my knock sensor just shitty?
Al