VW layoffs & reliability

My girlfriend's 2000 Jetta 2.0 is the biggest piece of crap ever. Has 63k miles on it and so far the O2 sensor has gone 4 times (the first time within a week of leaving the dealership), the MAF has gone once (luckily the mechanic got it covered under warranty) and now the camshaft sensor is going. It's also had 2 recalls on it to reprogram the ECU so it would stop eating O2 sensors. Oh, can't forget the recall on window regulators, where they mailed us a box with some bits in it and said, "Here, if you have problems with your windows, put this in. No, labor is not covered." The auto tranny is having issues with severe roll back as well, but no one but us seems to be able to duplicate it. I guess the VW dealerships around me have a lack of steep hills where they can shift from drive to reverse.

Dan

vintagewatercooleds.com> wrote:
Lets not forget the lovely MAFs, or window regulators, or, or or or or or
or or or...

I think you get my point.

--
Eric
www.vintagewatercooleds.com

79 VW Iltis
81 Rabbit Truck 2.0 16v
81 Scirocco S (TDI Swap project)
90 Corrado TDI
91 Cabriolet (2.0 Crossflow swap project)