cabby project progress

Well, after 4 long days of not knowing what the hell I'm doing, but doing it
anyway, I've completed an engine tranny swap in the wifes cabby.  After
hitting snag after snag no less (I never have the good kind of luck).
Amazingly enough, the engine actually started after a few tries of getting
fuel through the filter and so on.  Now everything isn't perfect, it appears
that I have a small fuel leak at the fuel filter (will need new brass
washers) a small coolent leak (gotta crawl back under the car again to find
that) a real shitty/lumpy idle and a serious sound of lifter tapping.  Now
this engine hasn't run since last August and I know it may take a while for
the lifters to pump back up, but damn it's a bit loud for my tasts.

Anyway, thanks to all that responded about my oil pump gasket question.  If
I ever seem to mention doing an engine/tranny swap by myself again, someone
please hop a plane and shoot me.  My wife however, was very happy to hear
her new cabby come to life tonight, even with all the leftover issues.
She's been great.  Cleaning parts, handing me tools, bringing me meals and
all the other things that many mens wives just won't do.  She even went as
far as having me show her how to change a few parts and had no problem
getting greasy.  So a big thanks goes out to her.

For now, I think I'm going to go to bed and die, have to go back to work
tomorrow morning which is going to feel like a vacation after the last 4
days.  Nite all.

William Snyder

88' Scirocco 16v
89' Cabriolet 8v