[no subject]

Eric S wrote:

> Maybe VW will wake up soon.  Upmarket moves like the Toureg and the
> Phaeton were stupid...now they feel the stupidity of those decisions
> biting at their heels.

The Touareg will probably be a success based on early reviews (despite
the HIDEOUS choice in a name, which can't be helping at all), but I
agree that the Phaeton was a HUGE reach and will be a huge bomb, no
matter how great of a car it might be or how much value it provides in
its segment.  The Golf V has grown bigger and heavier again - wtf?  The
Polo is probably already bigger than the original Golf.

--
Kevin Collins
Huntington Beach, CA