Alleged fastest numbers and poor comments...

David:
You are, of course, correct. My approach does suck!
In this particular case I don't know that I have to offer an explanation since the equations have
been presented (Drew's e-mail) and the calculations done (Mark's e-mail) for an example close enough
to Patricks to illustrate the situation.
Either Patrick's dyno runs are terribly inaccurate (and that may be possible since it seems his
engine should be good for at least 110 whp) or his instruments are terrribly inaccurate.
In either event 138 MPH isn't possible. I've done a spreadsheet that compares Patrick's engine power
every thousand RPM vs. power required to go the calculated speed for that RPM. It indicates 122MPH.
I'll post a link if I can find a place to put it.
Course the reason I'm such an asshole is that some people seem to think that the laws of physics are
negotiable or don't apply to them when it's far more likely their instruments are inaccurate.
What are the variables here? Cd, Area, Power, Velocity, instrument error.
Power has been documented by his dyno runs. Cd and Area can be off by 10% and cause only  a 3%
change in Velocity. Now what's left? The actual Velocity (not Patrick's claim) or Patrick's claimed
Velocity due to instument error??
Furthermore, do you know how Cd is determined? It's an empirical number that is derived from
applying the equations in Drew's e-mail to the measured drag of an actual car.
So, all the numbers presented have validity. It's not somebody's wild ass guess.
Why do I get frustrated? Cause I'm an engineer and I know the laws of physics are called laws for a
reason and I get tired of repeating and repeating and repeating when somebody is that far off the
mark.
Dan