Speeding (Was What's the fastest can ever take your Scirocco?)

Well said. The road is no place for speeding or racing anywhere (in anything).

My little 86 8V still makes me happy because it starts every day and is fun
to drive.
Any conversion beyond maybe a 2.0 block might be just another PITA, even
though I am currently limited to under 60MPH with the stretched throttle
cable and floppy original struts.  When those two items are fixed, I'll
have the good handling and middle speed back.

BTW: That  "<heavenly music> The Autobahn</music>" is probably available
somewhere on CD from a VW commercial.