What's the fastest can ever take your Scirocco?

I've been thinking about this thread, and have come to the conclusion
that a scirocco is not really about balls-out top speed. It's a sports
coupe not a grand tourer.

I love them for their looks, their rarity, their pin sharp steering,
their lively yet predictable handling. I love their size for punching
through gaps in city traffic. I love their fuel economy. They're built
for backroads when a top speed of 120mph + is not really an issue.

I'd always assumed I'd upgrade my car - or one like it - in the future,
slap in a 16v or something more intersting. But not now - I'll keep it
as VW intended with maybe just a few light tweaks to the old 8v and
suspension

And if I feel the need to go 150mph - I'll get myself a porsche 928 or
a Bimmer 6

All the best

Aaron in London