new dizzy installed , many problems gone...

Well people , I got a rebuilt bosch distributor
because after pulling mine out the fiber gaskets
crumbled in my hands and all the plastic was stained
brown from the oil leaking thru , the new one went in
easy and I learned something very important about
timing a car , I used a tachometer to get the idle
setting just perfect , I adjusted the idle and checked
he timing then  moved the distributor after which I
had to adjust the idle again because it would jump up
, checked the timing adjusted the dizzy and then set
the idle and checked the timing , it seemed this was
the formula for getting it just right , next time  I
have to time it I will turn the crank and mark the
markers in white for easier sighting , now that its
timed my idle hunting problem is gone !! the bogging
down from a start is gone !! so 16 valvers get your
timing set perfect and you will be a much happier
driver ! -AAron in SJ , 87 16v