From: scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org] On Behalf Of Drew MacPherson
Sent: Monday, March 08, 2004 11:16 AM
To: Patrick Bureau
Cc: 'List'
Subject: RE: what's the fastest you've ever taken your Scirocco?

On Mon, 8 Mar 2004, Patrick Bureau wrote:

> I am holding out on making the 3a block from 82.5 x 92.8 bore/stroke
> into a monster 83 x 95.5 engine for next year  :)

Good Grief Pat - with a stroke like that you may as well get rid of the
accelerator and install a telegraph.  You'll be able to ring the engine room
for "all ahead full", crack yourself a cold one and then settle in to enjoy
the ride.  It sounds like a wonderful recipe for a torque monster, but
unless you install a 3.23 r&p I don't think you'll be setting land speed
records with it... :)

Drew

84 Wolfsburg Edition TurboDiesel Scirocco
	http://scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca/gtd
89 Audi 200 Turbo Quattro Avant
99 A3 Jetta TDI