2.0l block

Hey Toby thanks man!
Great to have such a great response to my inquiries.....keep in touch with
me...I guess the motronic swap can always be done right?  So I think I'll
stay on track with the present thought train!!
I guess "weak" was a bad description of whats going on.....at start up my
engine boggs down a bit...not stalling but boggy....but only for the first
release of the clutch into 1st......after I feather the gas pedal to
increase fuel it pipes up and goes to operating rpms and then I shift to
2nd....after that its ok.  I dunno...kinda wierd....I  checked out my
ignition system with my multimeter and everything seems to be within the
guidelines of the Bentley's suggested operating ohmage (coil, knock sensor
etc)  I hear a rattling type of noise coming from the engine compartment
when I accelerate around 3200 -4000 rpm's...I dunno what it is as it doesn't
rattle when the car is stationary and I rev it up....perhaps it is a
downpipe flange rattling as I had to throw a weld across the connection as
it had cracked (great more $$$!!)
Also Toby, the rocc rattles annoyingly, and has ever since I got it....I
changed all the mounts (except driver side which is tight and solid as hell)
and still the annoying rattle as it idles @ 1000 rpms....I put a little
throttle up to 1500 to 2000 and the rattle stops....do the mounts need to be
readjusted?  Is the idle not right?  These are things that I think I'll have
to pay someone to do as I am not doing anything with those motor mounts
anymore!!!  PITA!
Well any insight is appreciated as I am trying to get the rocco in a
respectable operating condition to thwart away all these people who keep
telling me to get rid of the "junker" and get a "new" car.
Chadster '87 16v