From: scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Marc Getty
Sent: Friday, March 05, 2004 9:11 PM
To: ian@bluemoon.hplx.net; scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: RE: Friday - what's the fastest you've ever taken your Scirocco?

I had my old 16v up to 130 once (as per the speedometer, which was not
all that off). Note this was down a very big hill. I had it just over
120 (again, as per the speedometer) a whole bunch of times.

My '81 Mk1? Who knows, speedometer does not work. The Benz gets up to
it's governed speed of 130 MPH way to quickly.

-Marc

'81 "Gorgeous" Cedar Green Metallic Mk1 Scirocco - No Pictures to date
'87 Tornado Red 16v Bogged Scirocco http://getty.net/scirocco/ RIP
'02 Mercedes-Benz C230 Kompressor Sports Coupe http://getty.net/c230k/

    in Heliodongr?n (Citron Green) w/ European Delivery at 53,000 mi

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast
enough." - Mario Andretti