Tune up

Ha, Brian you are wrong on the inter-cam timing chain. There have been more than one lister that has changed or needs to change this part, I am one of them and I did it after cincy last year. Yes they rattle nasty like.

I even video'd what a bad one looks like with a 1/2" of deflection, not good for overall timing. This part should be replaced every 100k to be on the safe side, mine was at 165K. And yes get this chain from a reputible VW parts supplier, the rest of the stuff you are right on.

Brian

Captnbr@aol.com wrote:
KandN if you can find one to fit your car at Autozone go for it there all
the same as long as its the right size.

timing Chain???? Hmmmmm not sure what your talking about here if you have a
16v there is a very small chain that ties the 2 cams together. Never heard
of anyone ever needing to replace this. But if you do, do not get this at
Autozone. Other than that a timing belt is used on all engines. Not sure what
the ratteling can be.

I use Mobil One synthetic that a buy from Walmart.

I just got back from Linkin Park, concert kicked ass.

Brian 86 16v
98 Jetta GLX Vr6