Fox question

Bushings and rods. though I've never seen a repair kit
like you see for a1's. I would assume it uses the same
bushings at least, it's the VW parts bin car (strut
mounts from a superbeetle? god, why?).
If it's the whole tranny look for a non-quattro audi
4000/coupe gt or VW Quantum turbo diesel tranny or of
course a fox tranny from a JY is probably a dime a
dozen.
The definitive tuning guide is here:
http://www.lunaticfringe.com/vwfox/mod/FoxTuningGuide.html

--- Julie Macfarlane <juliemac57@hotmail.com> wrote:
> A freind bought an 88 fox. Nice condition, but
> problems with the shifting.
> It has a JH engine which was nice to see, but some
> how the factory messed up
> and put it in sidde ways.
>
> What is the transaxle in this car? Its not an O20
> thats for sure. Cable
> shift TA?
>
> The complaint? Will not shift in to gear.
>
> The clutch feels Ok when depressed, and the shifter
> seems to hit all the
> right gates. (I can't see the stupid shifter stuff).
> Any ideas what to check?
>

> Julie Macfarlane
> 1981 MKI 2L 16v
> Amsterdam NY