New rear stress bar

I'm with Larry on this.

Tying the tops of the shocks together is going to have zero effect on stiffening the chassis due to
the rubber mounts.

Stress bars are fine if they prevent deflection of the suspension pickup points. i.e. the locations
on the chassis that actually locate and control the attitude of the wheels. The top rear shock mount
makes no contribution in this sense.
Also, no stress bar will actually increase chassis stiffness in the sense of torsional stiffness of
the chassis between the relavent front and rear suspension pickup points. Chassis torsional
stiffness can have a big effect on role stiffness distribution (i.e. does the car understeer or
oversteer?) and suspension response. Stress bars don't effect chassis torsional stiffness.
As far as front stress bars, the lower a-arm mount is the most heavily loaded and since it is
cantilevered, and therefore relatively flexible, it makes a big difference to tie the two lower
mounts together. Note that if they were both seeing the same lateral load during cornering then
tying them together would make no difference, but the loads are very assymetrical so tying them
together essentially doubles the lateral stiffness. Less deflection means less change in camber due
to cornering force and less deflection steer.
The upper front shock tower sees about 1/5th the lateral load of the a-arm pickup. Lower loads, so
lower deflection although the chassis isn't particularly strong in this area, so an upper stress bar
may make some difference as far as reducing unwanted camber change due to load deflection.
A rear stress bar does NOTHING to constrain the rear suspension pickup points. How it could stiffen
the chassis enough to feel, especially in a street application, is beyond me considering that the
major area of chassis flex between the front and rear suspension is the door opening. Tying the rear
shock mounts together, or even triangulating them to the floor of the chassis, isn't going to make
any difference to chassis stiffness when the rear suspension mounts are well forward of the stress
bar location.

NOTE: stress bars will do nothing to reduce chassis role! They don't make the springs stiffer, they
have no effect on the spring mounts in a vertical direction and they have no effect on the sway bar
mounts!
All stress bars can do is constrain the suspension pickup points and reduce camber change and toe
change due to load deflection.

Other minor comments within.
Dan