  From: Edward Effinger
  To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
  Sent: Wednesday, March 03, 2004 8:22 AM
  Subject: Mark 1 vibrations

  Hi.
  I just joined this list and have an 81 Scirocco S with a few quirks.

  1:  Lots of vibration through the steering, dash and chassis as lots of
  interior bits are rattling, especially at idle.   When I accelerate this
  seems to go away.     I don't believe the exhaust is touching anywhere.
  I just had a new header and rear motor mount installed.
  Prior to this I didn't notice the vibration nearly as much.

  2: When I let out the clutch there is a grunching noise from the rear right.
       Could this be the shock?   Any experiences from the list?

  Also looking for side skirt and wheel flares body pieces.
  I already have a nice front skirt on the car.

  Thanks in advance for any replies received
  Ed