Mark 1 vibrations

Hi.
I just joined this list and have an 81 Scirocco S with a few quirks.

1:  Lots of vibration through the steering, dash and chassis as lots of
interior bits are rattling, especially at idle.   When I accelerate this
seems to go away.     I don't believe the exhaust is touching anywhere.
I just had a new header and rear motor mount installed.
Prior to this I didn't notice the vibration nearly as much.

2: When I let out the clutch there is a grunching noise from the rear right.
     Could this be the shock?   Any experiences from the list?

Also looking for side skirt and wheel flares body pieces.
I already have a nice front skirt on the car.

Thanks in advance for any replies received
Ed