A weekend of mixed omens

I've been mostly quiet and all of you have probably been silently grateful
for that but I had to break the calm......

As others have noted this weekend has been a true taste of the snow
(SALT) free months ahead and the lexicar (red '84 MKII) cried to have the
flat spots in the tires that had formed over the nasty cold and whiteness
time beat out. So I go out and fill the radiator and crank up and out into
the world.

It needs a vacuum and the body TLC it needs was not completed (or for the
most part attempted because of the cold) but the pleasure of having her
out made me glad that I had the seat covers Julie alludes to.

Over 2K it winds to red line very quickly and sweetly for a ride that
still needs the accellerator pedal bump fixed so WOT can be touched. Played
tag w/ Mustang 5.0's and Eclipses and earned the knowing nods of a worthy
opponent.

So........ some fun afternoons of weaving w/ the bikers liberating the
toys after TOO LONG the same as I on curvy 2 lane back roads I get home to
check the list and other mail, most notably the one about 3A purchase I've
been working after for the last month for a Pay Pal address to send depostit
to and finalization of time and place of purchase (the seller is from MI
and will meet me on the southern border for the exchange).

For $445 (OUCH! I know but better than the $250 longblock that would cost
that much again for shipping from NH or the __$600__ that a local yard
wants) I get the long block w/ 100,000, distributor, and both manifolds
w/ TB. Ah well....power costs. Patrick has been a good source of info on
this as it's a swap he's already done.
The down side is that I will not be able to get it until late Mar. maybe
as the seller has a $10k+ Porsche sale to German Auto Dismantlers, Inc.
that could set the pick up date back another 2 wks into Mar.

Still need a knock sensor setup and will be trying to secure that
soon. Anyone have one laying around that they would like to convert into
cash?

Tim

		`O' LEVEL COUNTER CULTURE
Timewarp allowed: 3 hours.  Do not scrawl situationalist graffiti in the
margins or stub your rollups in the inkwells.  Orange may be worn.  Credit
will be given to candidates who self-actualise.

	(1) Compare and contrast Pink Floyd with Black Sabbath and say why
	    neither has street credibility.
	(2) "Even Buddha would have been hard pushed to reach Nirvana squatting
	    on a juggernaut route."  Consider the dialectic of inner truth
	    and inner city.
	(3) Discuss degree of hassle involved in paranoia about being sucked
	    into a black hole.
	(4) "The Egomaniac's Liberation Front were a bunch of revisionist
	    ripoff merchants."  Comment on this insult.
	(5) Account for the lack of references to brown rice in Dylan's lyrics.
	(6) "Castenada was a bit of a bozo."  How far is this a fair summing
	    up of western dualism?
	(7) Hermann Hesse was a Pisces.  Discuss.