Few questions about 16v Distributor O-ring and Valve covergasket...

The Dist is easy. Mark the location (for easy restart) and pull it off. The
O ring is at the base. Just cut the old one with a razor and repace it. Use
a drop of oil to lubricate it before re-installing.

The valve cover needs the upper intake to be removed, 8 13 mm nuts on the
front one on the back. then the 10 or so 10mm bolts around the edge of the
valve cover. Clean the old gasket away.
Seat the inner gasket first. Only goes on one way then fit the outer.
re-install.

Have fun!

Julie Macfarlane
1981 MKI 2L 16v