CV Joints / Cap / Rotor

Quoting Jon Palm <scirokn@hotmail.com>:

> Also, when you take out the 6 bolts at the inner cv it
> help if you have a buddy to pop the tranny in and out of gear so you can
> rotate the axle around and keep the work at the bottom. In gear is the
> only  way to pop them loose.

As I just found out this morning, I'm gonna be here myself.
(split outer CV boots)

Here's another trick to removing the inner CVs:  If you have vented brake
rotors, stick a screwdriver into the vent slot and jam the rotation of the axle
against the caliper.  That way, you can leave the car in neutral, spin the
axle to get the inner CV bolts where you can work on them, then stop the
rotation.

| Jim Jarrett,Rochester NY       93 Passat GLX,     84 Scirocco |
| mailto:jarrett@rpa.net         81 Rabbit Convertible 16v      |