Small local Rocco mailing list vs. .Org Was: Gmail

Patrick,

> why would this be TST's private mailing list fault?

ok, lemme clear the air here. i never said your list had to be open. i just
said that it bugs me, thats all, only my opinion.

> I don't believe the .org list was
> to become a "please find me a part because I am too lazy to search the
> parts
> store on the web" when it was started.

ok, c'mon now, you're telling me a cis-e fuel dizzy can be found on the web
for cheaper than can be had from this list? im sorry, but i just do see it
happening.

> Besides if the scirocco owners of SC or NC or even nearby states should
> indeed "get-together" the strength of such a group is the united way the
> group works.

sadly, everyone in SC (with very few exceptions) seem to believe in the
latest grey primer ground effects + fart-can muffler on some civic or neon.
there is very little VW community around here, not to mention even less at
the yards.

> Bigger is not always better in life.

speak for yourself :)

> This removal of "clutter-mail" off the .org mailing list, therefore in the
> end permits the .org to be more what it is supposed to be, an informative,
> technical, mailing list, not a chatterbox mailing list.

how about some way to get 'highlights' over to the tst list, you know, good
tech info, parts needed, etc. perhaps a bidirectional type of thing would be
cool, getting good rare info from the tst list to the rocco list, only from
one designated person or something. you mentioned 99% of tst list questions
you havent seen before. you know quite a bit about roccos, so i can only
assume those are some very good questions. why should the rocco list be
deprived of the answers to these very rare questions. the answer could be
just as helpful here, would it not? furthermore, it would then be archived,
on an open list, where people could find that answer to that same potential
question in the future.

> the division between, "I know
> it all" types and "I wish to learn" types, is not so present on the TST
> list.

good point

> It is far from being Utopian, but at least, when someone has a bone to
> pick
> with someone, we are not so childish as to publish it on the member's
> mailing list and we take it offline, something that I have yet to see on
> .org list, actually the contrary over the last three years on .org

we gotta spice it up somehow, ya know :)

> Hoping that I have covered all the answers you where seeking.

ya man, thanks
Al