From: "Nathan Lowe" <nathanlowe@charter.net>
To: "scirocco-l" <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Monday, June 28, 2004 5:57 PM
Subject: kinda OT: MD registration

I'm going to be selling my '81 for sure and it looks like I'll be replacing
it with a mk2, probably a 16v (I'll get a link to pics posted later in the
week probably). I'd been wanting to get a 16v for a while, but didn't plan
on selling my mk1 to do it. Oh well, I guess that's what happens when you're
a student with no money. Anyway, my question is about registering a car in
MD. Some of the mk2's I've been looking at have been swapped from an 8v to
16v, and some have other various mods done to them. How strict is MD on the
"authenticity" of the mods for registration and emissions tests? Basically
do they have to be completely changed over to what would have originally
come on the donor car or do they even care?