From: scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org] On Behalf Of Nathan Lowe
Sent: Monday, June 28, 2004 5:57 PM
To: scirocco-l
Subject: kinda OT: MD registration

I'm going to be selling my '81 for sure and it looks like I'll be
replacing it with a mk2, probably a 16v (I'll get a link to pics
posted later in the week probably). I'd been wanting to get a 16v for
a while, but didn't plan on selling my mk1 to do it. Oh well, I guess
that's what happens when you're a student with no money. Anyway, my
question is about registering a car in MD. Some of the mk2's I've been
looking at have been swapped from an 8v to 16v, and some have other
various mods done to them. How strict is MD on the "authenticity" of
the mods for registration and emissions tests? Basically do they have
to be completely changed over to what would have originally come on
the donor car or do they even care?