From: scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org] On Behalf Of Mike Smith
Sent: Monday, June 28, 2004 3:34 AM
To: car
Subject: Do I have it bad? (long)

OK, Friday night's dream was the weirdest, but not the first.  In
fact, it was the 3rd Cincy related dream.  The first took place the
Monday night after Cincy. The second was a few nights after that.  The
3rd was this last Friday.  Granted it was my first Cincy (Yay!  I'm
not a virgin!), I am totally in love with the car, but this last one
(dream) was the oddest.

The first one (IIRC) was just the random run of the mill (for me)
Cincy dream; ie: I wanted to go back.  I remember this well, as I woke
that morning with a STRONG desire to hop in my 'rocco and head to
Daun's to hang out with other listers.  But I soon realized that THAT
was 8 hours away and not possible.

The second (which I remember less than the first, in fact almost not
at all) was about the same (I awoke with the same feeling) and only a
couple days after the first.

This last one, though, was odd.  It didn't take place at Cincy, per
say, but post-Cincy.  And instead of going home without a convoy, it
seemed that most of the Sciroccos were heading my way.  Now, just to
make everyone feel ok, 99% of the people in the dream were products of
my mind.  They all seemed to be just random, made-up-by-my-subconcious
people.  But, just the fact that I had a convoy (at least 15 cars)
heading home, seemed weird in itself.

At any rate, this one, for the most part, took place at a rest stop/
gas station/ whatever.  I DO remember that the only person that can
remember having recognized was Dan Bubb*.  No weirdness there, he was
just there for most of my Cincy (in real life).

Here's the weird part:  I remember (in the dream) saying to someone
(might have been Dan) "It's really strange how fast time has flown
since the last Cincy and this one" (me thinking in the dream that it
is 2005).  Then, all of a sudden, I realize there's no WAY a whole
year has passed since the last Cincy and this one (2005) and it hits
me: I am dreaming!  I then proceed to tell whoever I'm talking to and
a few others "I know this may sound weird and feel free to tell your
friends that you spoke to someone in their dream, but I am dreaming
and you are here!" (I remember saying that almost verbatim.)  About
two minutes later (dream-time) I awoke.  There were a couple of other
things that happened, I don't remember what, but trust me in that they
weren't sexual (unless it involved Al's body kit (You DID bring the
beach towel, right?), but I really don't remember :).

I later mentioned the dream to my wife ("It's the third one since
Cincy!" I said, "and one of the few (there have been a couple others,
all this year) where I realize that I am dreaming."  "Were there any
light switches?" she asked.**).

Anyway, is this normal behavior for a first timer (or even a regular)?

Mike
'86 red 16v (Red 5)

* What's the hub-bub, Bubb?  (Sorry Dan, had to do it.  Hope you'll
forgive me.)
** The light switch comment refers to a movie I saw, called "Waking
Life" (I recommend it).  In one scene, the main character was talking
with someone about lucid dreaming and the other person said to get in
the habit of flicking a light switch whenever you see one.  Always.
Once you are in this habit, you will do it in your dreams.  If you get
into this habit, then some day, you will do it and the lights will not
go on or off (as you can't change the lighting in your dreams; ie: If
the lights are on, then turning the switch off will not make them go
off).  This will mean that you are in a dream and, if you have trained
yourself, it will awaken you to the idea that you are dreaming (which
is what happened to me in this last Cincy dream.).  If you do awaken
to that fact without awakening in real life, then you might find
yourself dreaming lucidly, and therefor might be able to control your
dream and dream what you wish.  As of yet, I have not been able to do
this, although in the  last Cincy dream I realized I was dreaming but
did nothing about it but tell others that they were in my dream (and
that they should feel proud to be there.  Weird?  Is this whole
(beginning of a) thread weird? Who cares.).  Soon, lucid dreaming will
be mine.  Oh yes, it will be mine.  -m

word (w{rd)
interj. Slang. Used to express approval or an affirmative response to
something. Sometimes used with up. Source