need recomandations for a shorter shift ter rod

Get an M12-1.5 die and die holder.  With the shifter in the car, run the well-lubricated die down
the existing threads and about an inch onto the unthreaded part of the shaft.  Hacksaw off the old
threads, unthread the die, clean up the top threads with a file, screw on your shift knob.  Voila!
shorter shifter rod.  Takes 10 minutes.

Cost is zero if you have the die already.

Go figure, *me* suggesting something that costs *nothing*.

Ron

--- VwDude Van <phfatvw@yahoo.com> wrote:
> hi
>  ok i just got a new momo shift boot and a momo part
> that holds the boot up  on the rod   but the rod is
> too long  , i have head something about geting a old
> audi or gti shift rod ,  i need to know what to realy
> get
>  thanks Van

=====
Cheapass Ron
'81 Scirocco S - "Victor Jr."  7SM
(2.0L 16V, GL 4-speed w/ Quaife installed, Megasquirt coming...)