No Reverse??

Dave,

I can't tell you much about the transmission other than I know that the
reverse can fail while all forward gears work properly. (One of my local
friends has this problem with is Rocc.)

What I am most interested in is the talking VW. I say your mom should get it
and take it on the road as a traveling act.  Teach the thing how to sing or
do comedy and it would be even more unique. Although I am not sure what is
cooler, the talking car or its ability to diagnose its own problems.

Was this a voice module that was added to the 97 Jettas or is this science
fiction type phenomenon?

Just having some fun, Dave. Ron is probably the best to answer your question
though.

Dave W.

David L. Winchell, II
DavidWinchell2@sprynet.com