From: scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org] On Behalf Of T Berk
Sent: Tuesday, June 22, 2004 1:47 AM
Cc: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Re: Can a relay go bad? (heat soak related)

Man, I missed that the thing was an Auto- heat soaked starters are de
regulare'. (sp)

Heat shield is a must. In fact, if you don't have one, fabricate one.

Also, it might be a good idea to fab a piece of tin to 'scoop' cooling
air up against the starter while you're driving.

Premade tin parts in the Home Depot flashing section and some dryer
hose might do wonders.

Contact me if you want a quick sketch and materials list.

Also, in the further interest of removing the Fascist yoke of
Resistance from the shoulders of Freedom loving Electrons everywhere
you should invest in the cheap upgrade of larger ground strap and
starter cable(s).

Big ol honkin' 0 Gauge will eliminate _part_ of the problem.

TBerk