Latest drama with the cold hard bitch

Well, you know I am on a mission to improve cabin air quality in the (now
literal) headache, the most pressing issue being the gas fumes. Which are
terrible.
So to recap, I changed out the rubber hose to the tank, which had been
leaking, and required significant tweaking since the new one was four inches
shorter. No problem, no leaks, still stinks. In a pre- Cincy time crunch, I
haul it in to the dealer for "the smoke test". Yep, the first suspect had
been the filler neck, and in fact it leaks. So Daun conventiently provided/
Drew conveniently removed said filler neck replacement at Cincy, I cleaned
it up, had it out for a sand blasting to clean it up some more, rust painted
it, and finally today put it on today. (the old one had a nice 1 mm diameter
hole in it) I approached the pumps with great confidence, knowing that the
filler neck was surely to blame, filling to the very top. No fumes for about
twenty minutes, did a hard left sweeper, and "whoah, what the hell is that?"
You got it, fumes. So I guess I bite the bullet and drop the tank, further
inspection reveals what looks like a stain near where the seam is. Yep, this
car is evil. But a hell of a lot of fun to drive.
But still evil. Always takes three attempts to fix anything, I guess tank
repair would make this three.
That's it for now, back to your regularily scheduled Roccin'

Cathy

Add photos to your e-mail with MSN Premium. Get 2 months FREE*