[SPAM] a few maintenance questions

   Greetings All,

       I just retured from doing my year in Iraq and it feels like I lost
   all  my  Scirocco knowledge while I was gone. Anyway it is now time to
   replace  the  clutch  in the GTX (anyone remember Dirk's old GTX, yeah
   that's  the  one). The dealer and the local autoparts store call for a
   different clutch from the usual run of the mill 8v clutch and the pice
   shows it (210 euro = $252.00).

       I  believe  the  stock  clutch with 16v pressure plate is good for
   about 120 HP and the GTX (DX engine code) is about 110HP at best. Will
   I  be  able to get away with it or do I need to shell out the cash for
   the  factory clutch. Or one of the performance Sachs clutches from RPI
   or Euro Sport.

      The  car  will  see  one more summer of bracket racing before it is
   morphed with my Wolfsberg edition in preparation for my return the the
   US next summer.

      Question  two  is  does  anyone  have  any  leads on TSR type shift
   linkages.  I  came  across  a page from a search but the seller didn't
   look to trusting. TSR doesn't seem to offer them anymore.

     Any help appreciated.
   Rob Nettles
   1974 Super Beetle
   1984 8v GTX
   1985 8v Wolfsberg Edition
   [1]http://www.geocities.com/p_phi_p99

   [2]From  will  you?  to  I  do,  MSN  Life Events is your resource for
   Getting Married.