Plugs 101

ok, heres the general deal with plugs:
copper plugs give you a better spark than platinum. think about it. you dont
see fance quad electrode copper plugs do you? reason is simple, its just not
needed with a copper plug. platinums do in fact last longer than copper, but
have to do crazy tricks to try and get the spark equivalent to a copper
plug. here are the basic trade-offs:
copper:
adv: conducts better at its surface
dis: breaks down easily - lower life
platinum:
adv: lasts extremely long
dis: usually very small platinum electrode surface area, and also doesnt arc
as well as copper

i tried the bosch super +4 plugs in the rieger once. after one day of
driving i ended up changing back to coppers and noticed an improvement. the
only catch is that the 'improvement' only lasts for 3-5 k miles, then the
plug acts like a platinum plug.

general rule:
if you suck at maintenance on your rocco, get platinums, they will likely
outlast your engine.
if you can remember to change them out regularly, go with coppers, you will
be rewarded every time you change them out.

all of this is of course IMO, but i've got a decent amount of experience
with these things.
Al