Air horns, to horns in general... Hella Air Horns

> From: T Berk <tberk@sbcglobal.net>
> Date: 2004/06/17 Thu PM 06:12:16 EDT
> CC: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
> Subject: Re: Air horns, to horns in general...   Hella Air Horns
>
> David Utley wrote:
>
> > All,
> >   I prefer these...
> >
> > http://www.rallylights.com/hella/supertone_horn.asp
> >
> > Cheaper, easier to mount , electric, longer-life (I think), etc...
> >

> > Cheers,
> >   David Utley
> >

> <http://www.ndimports.com/catalog/electrical_acc/default.asp?product_group=horns&action=step_two&title=horns%20>
>
> The top one is the two trumpet unit ion the Roc, the other one is the
> electric ones I think David is talking about.
>
> The Hella air horns are not loud as much as distinctive sounding.
> Turns heads, I even had Al come back from his house around the corner
> with a bowl or Roast Beast and a girl in a Red Dress- due in great
> part to the Air Horn. <wamp!> <wamp!>  ;])
>
> I just plugged them into the existing oem horn's wires but I really
> need to do a proper dedicated relay job.
>

> TBerk

TBerk,
  Thanks, I was not very clear.  Go to the link shown above.  Look at Hella part no. 85115.  They are flat disks, instead of all horny like the ones you showed.  They are 118 db, which is the same db as the air horns I had (an unknown brand, but they were Italian, and looked just like the Hellas)...  Anyways, they should be plenty loud, and they do come with a relay so there is definately increased power consumption...

Cheers,
  David

Cheers,
  David Utley