MkI color availability compared to dealer brochures Q

> From: "ATS - Patrick Bureau" <ats@longcoeur.com>
> Date: 2004/06/16 Wed AM 09:28:09 EDT
> To: "'Mad Matt'" <mr_bubblehead74@yahoo.com>,
> 	"'Daun Yeagley'" <vwdaun@yahoo.com>,
> 	"'Jeff Toomasson'" <area53@validpath.com>,
> 	<Scirocco-l@scirocco.org>,
> 	<scirocco_gti@juno.com>
> Subject: RE: MkI color availability compared to dealer brochures Q
>
> Dumb Question,
>
> On the title of the car does it say 84 or 85?
>
> Cause my 09/84 Scirocco is titled as a 85 scirocco. (I know it aint a
> Wolfsburg)

> ATS - Patrick Bureau - Canuck in Texas
> ATS A1 Parts on ebay - http://tinyurl.com/22e5b

Title clerks don't know doodly about cars, take it from me.  I have ordered customers the wrong keys because we have trusted title clerks to know what year a car is.  The VIN is the only way to know for sure.  For it to be an 84, it would have an E as the 10th digit.  If it is an F, it is an 85...

HTH

David

Cheers,
  David Utley