What to do for Cabin Air with no Hood Vents or Rain Tray?

I have a 1 1/2" tube that runs into the rain tray from beside the PS
reservoir on the 87. I don't think there is much dirt there, but the air
isn't as cool as it could be either. (I actually have a temp guage in the
other Rocc's wheelwell, and it reads quite a bit higher than ambient,
probably heat from the road/tires/brakes)  I need to do some ductwork up IN
the rain tray to get the air directed nearer to the intake for the cabin
air. It helps, but it's still not cool enough. I haven't had time to mess
with it. (Plus I had the heater core doesn't turn off/ gas fumes from the
filler neck issues to deal with. Really nice cabin air quality, blech) Some
sort of a scoop on the top of the hood into the tray would be ideal (but
what would look any good?), actually the stock vents are ideal, but what can
you do?
Cathy