Money Pit or What_the_Hell_I_Love_My_Roc

> One of the later
> phases of my project (when I have the time) is to custom fabricate a new,
> completely redesigned one.  I KNOW it could be done a whole lot cheaper
> than 300 or double that or whatever it is to get one of these contours
> refinishes and probably not even that much more than buying a good used one
> (if you can find it) or NOS (if it even exists at this point).

This is where I disagree (at least from my vantage point) - if I were to spend
10-20 hours to get a dash resto to where I think it should be (this is a
complete guess as no one has posted a successful recipe for a dash resto) plus
the cost of materials and then take my hourly rate over that timeframe, it
would easily dwarf the cost of paying a known, quality vendor to do it.

Yes, it's a damn lot of money, but to have a NOS-looking crack-free S dash??

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........  :)

My $0.02, JT