From: Nate Mellom [mailto:doubt@inwave.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 15, 2004 9:23 PM
To: dswalterwi
Subject: Re: Lowering engine from car - something cool, I think.

Don,
When I dropped the motors in my '84 and my buddys '81 Caddy, we got the
front wheels on ramps, and then jacked it up even FURTHER (rear wheels
chocked, e-brake locked).  We used an engine hoist hooked up to the tow
rings on the front, pulled it up off the ramps, and stuck some beefy 6x6

timbers under the ramps.  Made for enough room to drop the engine/tranny

as a unit, use an old tire (rimless) to sit the motor in and drag it out

from under the car.
Depending on how low the ATV jack/engine/tranny combo is, you might have

a height issue unless you get the car up real high.
Good luck!
Nate

dswalterwi wrote:

>Hey I getting ready to remove my 2L engine from My red 16V (Flash).  I
>was pondering how to get the engine out and reading through some of the
>listers braces to supprt the engine when I see an ad in a local store
>call Farm & Fleet.  They have a LARIN ATV/Motorcycle Hydraulic Lift.
It