MkI color availability compared to dealer brochures Q

On Mon, 14 Jun 2004, Daun Yeagley wrote:

> Well, here's another for the "scratch your head" files.
>
> I got to looking at Jim Jarrett's Wolfsburg Edition
> yesterday.  It supposedly is an '84, which came in Mars Red
> among other colors.  His build date is 9/84 though, which
> would make it an '85.  My understanding is the '85
> Wolfsburg Editions were Tornado Red, not Mars Red as Jim's
> is.

That's weird stuff.  The 85 Wolfsburg (option code s707) was in Tornado
according to ETKA, that great perversion of all things VAG, while the s706
(84 Wolfsburg) was Mars red.  The 85 _was_ available in Mars Red though -
just not a Wolfsburg Edition.

My guess is that Jim's car was optioned the same as an 84 Wolfsburg, but
made it across the line as an 85 - after all, it's only 1 month into 85
production.

For giggles, what's the VIN number?

Drew

Drew