AC Question

Kent McLean wrote:

> T Berk wrote:
>
>> Did you install a new drier? Did you draw down a
>> vaccum before installing the new stuff?
>

> Does that vacuum have to come from some super-duper
> vacuum system, or will something like a Mighty-Vac
> suffice?  I thinking a vacuum is a vacuum, as long
> as it can be held for, what, 30 minutes?
>
> Kent, who has other car needs an upgrade to R134a

There is a great deal of difference between a shop vac and 'drawing
down a vacuum;, as the HVAC folks call it.

Well, what do you know- I think I can afford $9.99:

<http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=3952>

The mention removing moisture but it's really removing moist
atmosphere- same result.

 From the looks of things I'm going to suppose two things:

- It doesn't seem to have capacity for recovering evacuated
freon/refrigerant  &

- It will most likely need a hose and fitting or two to mate with a
given application.

hth,
TBerk
shop vac, yeah right.