Dash repair questions

The MKII dash cap really sucks, and this is from experience.

I put one in mine and it warped sitting in the garage.

calimus <calimus@techography.net> wrote:
Ok, so my dash like so many others has a pair of cracks in it. I was
wondering if anyone has had any luck in repairing them and if so what did
you use?

I looked into the dash cap's but don't like how the look. Now my dash is
black which will make hiding the repair meterial a bit easier but I'd still
like it to be as factory looking as possible when finished. I picked up one
of those vinal repair kits at a local auto parts store, but am not too sure
if I should even attempt that. So I'm looking for any thoughts or comments
on the issue.

By the way, I've looked for perfect ones but find they are either too
expsensive or are too far away to risk them being damaged in shipping. On a
side note, I'm also too lazy to swap the damn thing out even if I had one.

William Snyder

88' Scirocco 16v
89' Cabriolet 8v
71' Karmann Ghia