Is it an 'S' or not?

On Tue, 25 May 2004 14:54:23 -0500 (CDT)
"=?iso-8859-1?Q?Jeff_Toomasson?=" <area53@validpath.com> writes:
> All Sciroccos starting in 1980 (including S's) came with 5spds. White
> S's came
> with red recaros. I'm not sure white was offered in 81.
>
> The main thing I would look for, especially if she's the original
> owner, is the
> black dash. S's had NO trim across the front. Other mk1's had
> woodgrain across.
>
> But then again, S's are only cosmetic anyway.
>
> HTH, JT
====================
5spd trannies were optional on 1980 & 1981 non-S Sciroccos. 4 spd was
standard.

The S had:

Black instruments panel (fake wood grain for non-S)
Blacked out chrome (all)
Red stripes on the side moldings
red badges front & rear
seats with separate bolsters (two styles depending on exterior color -
see brochures on www.driversfound.com)
Zender frontspoiler (the front of the car will have holes for the
mounting points).
Standard dual exterior mirrors
black carpet
black door panels

I prolly forgot something. But true, mechanically they are exactly the
same as a non S for the same year.

Mash
1987 Scirocco 16V, 1982 Scirocco, 1981 Scirocco (was an S), 1978 Scirocco
www.scirocco2.de/mark.htm