Cold idling problem

This has me a bit confused. Most people have removed the air diverter from
the bottom of the air box with out problem. I never installed one on my car.

Check for leaks in other locations. Especially after the air flow plate (The
big rubber thing), then the hose to the throttle.

At idle the air pressure should be about 14"HG (if you have an vac meter).
You could also try spraying carb cleaner along sections. when the motor
revs, theres your leak!

good luck.

Julie Macfarlane
1981 MKI 2L 16v w 2Y