Motronic Conversion - wiring question

Ok, I must say that I am no expert on CIS-Motronic, but I
*have* seen and delt with many such conversions and even
cars with it (like the 2.0 16v Passat).

In general, the conversion results in no increase in
reliability.  And unless care is taken to clean all connectors
and contacts it can result in terrible reliability.

As for tuning... what's that?  Motronic "learns" changes
as they are made to the car.  It is very difficult to even
make a timing change without Motronic trying to revert it
back to where it was.  No instant results from my experience.
I will never forget these experiences on the dyno while
trying to "tune" Brett's car... oh the joys!  :/

Hope this helps to clearify my judgement of Motronic...

Ben